Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Deeper and Darker

My new song about the struggle of the painter...
Listen here.

Deeper and Darker (The Midnight Painter)

1. I stand before my canvas, the colours sing to me.
I await the wild-- attack, when I can set them free.
I prayed "The Joy of Life" [Le bonheur de vivre] would see its way to me.

CHORUS:
Deeper and darker I paint the scene
'til the light no longer shines through me. 
I don't like it when my heaviness gets the best of me.
Will I rise above the negativity?

2. I fought with desperation, breaking up the planes
setting fire to my weaknesses; let the wild beast take the reins.
I prayed "The Joy of Life" [Le bonheur de vivre] would see its way to free me.

[CHORUS]

BRIDGE:
My heart never makes a smart move
never feels the fright
'til it's too late in the night
and the urges hurt so bad.
'til I'd fallen deeper than I ever had.

[Spoken/sung:]
The call of my heart speaks
I share my canvas's defeats
I've seen the visions of Matisse
A thousand hurricanes release
I am the artist; I am Fauve
The feral wild beast of rock and roll
Brush strokes align-- in my soul--
je suis libre .... je suis libre d'etre moi

3. I love colour like a lover - an incandescent jewel.
I am dazzled by the light it makes, reflecting in the pool.
I prayed "The Joy of Life" [Le bonheur de vivre] would see its way to free me.

[CHORUS]

No comments: