Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Fond and Loving Farewell

I read this transcript of a Rush Limbaugh caller today. I think it's only fitting for me to re-post this today as President Bush leaves office. My sentiments exactly.

I want to bid my commander-in-chief a fond and loving farewell, and I'm probably going to get emotional because, "I want to thank you, Mr. President, George Walker Bush, for keeping us all safe. I can truly say this: You have read those intelligence reports. You know and you have always known the attempts that this enemy has made on our own soil throughout your entire presidency. You truly have protected us. You love our families. You love our sons, our daughters, our nieces, and especially our nephews, as if they were your own, and it's a testament of how you were raised: so humble and so proud. Wealthy or not, you're one of the most humble men, you and your father, that I think this country has ever known."

No comments: