Thursday, May 29, 2008

Good Night Sweet Princes

Sydney Pollack - I was talking to a friend about Sydney Pollack just a few days ago and then when I arrived home late that night, got the news that he'd passed away. I'd been thinking about his many roles, his incredible range, his unusual contribution to the film industry. I'd always enjoyed him - even saw him just recently in a foreign film. He was not only a director, producer, actor and writer, but served two years in the Army, you'll notice him in many various screen roles, and his name in the credits of many films over the past 40+ years.

Harvey Korman - What a funny man... and I always thought of him as kind of sexy, too! His was a wonderful American life. Korman, the tall, versatile comedian who won four Emmys for his outrageously funny contributions to "The Carol Burnett Show" and played a conniving politician to hilarious effect in "Blazing Saddles," died Thursday. It's ironic, because my April 4 blog featured him - I'd been inspired by an interview I'd seen with Tim Conway on the Catholic Channel... and now one of the greatest funny men of American history is gone - as is the golden age of comedy.

No comments: