Sunday, May 20, 2012

Laura Nyro Inducted in 2012 R&R Hall of Fame

'My New York Mood' by Sandy Frazier (charcoal and pencil)

Laura Nyro's music is still amazingly fresh and alive today!  It's terrific that she was inducted in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.  Watch Sara Bareilles's tribute - singing Laura's 'Stoney End.'  I remember how entranced I was when I first heard 'New York Tendaberry'... and did this sketch of Laura when I was a teenager.  My favorite song of Laura's is 'Eli's Coming'... also love the cover by Three Dog Night.

Laura's son accepted the award and Bette Midler emceed.  More on Laura at her site...


"Laura" By Sandy Frazier (pastels)

2 comments:

Artamus Sumatra said...

I've only been listening to Laura Nyro for a few months, but already, I can honestly say she is now my favorite Female Artist of all Time - no one puts more Heart and Soul into a song than her! I hope her induction prompts more People to check out her great albums. She's been the Music industry's best kept secret for far too long.

Sandy Frazier said...

Isn't she wonderful? I've loved Laura for years!