Wednesday, November 5, 2008

An Historic Day for America... and a Special Thanks to Our President

I want to join others in offering heartfelt congratulations to Barack Obama on his incredible victory and may God bless him and lead him to help our country overcome its hardships, to face the monstrous challenges that lie ahead. The big thing that is so important in my mind is that Americans divided by race may now have the chance to once and for all heal the wounds of our tainted history... now we can all stand together as American citizens without thought of race. At last, equality is not just a dream, but a reality!

By the same token, I wanted to let President George W. Bush know how much I appreciate all his hard work, discipline and determination. So here's my letter to him:

Thank you, Mr. President, for keeping us safe and sound since 9/11. I am so sorry you've had to suffer such terrible criticism... but I, for one, have enormous respect for and appreciate you and ever since the day I had the privilege to shake your hand at the Talker Magazine convention in NYC right before you ran for President, I have admired you greatly. You looked into my eyes, gave my hand a firm shake, and I knew right then that you were a decent, courageous man and you have not failed me yet! You and Laura brought dignity and class back to the White House... you both will always hold a special place in my heart because you inspired me to vote for the first time in my adult life. --Your American citizen, SF

No comments: