Friday, June 27, 2008

My Ode to Bill Gates & Windows

Bill Gates may be signing off at Microsoft, but he'll never be forgotten... at least not by me. I've heard so many wonderful things about him over the years - especially how he treated his employees, never forgetting those who helped him up the ladder of success. That's rare. I applaud him and pay tribute to him here in my blog for giving me the opportunity to be a successful businessperson by creating wonderful tools that have changed our culture immeasurably. Thanks, Bill! Here is my ode to Windows...

Windows

Oh, how I love Windows! Each day when I awaken, I thank God Bill Gates was born to invent the windows that speed my day along. Windows set me free - I can open and close them, minimize and reduce them, widen them, fill them, empty them, and more... They're windows on the world, to peer into the Net; research, learn, imagine, expound, earn a living, communicate, play... My Windows allow me to smile, talk, write, laugh, express myself, create sites to exhibit my art - like no gallery could ever do for me. I can open a window and hear a song; and my Windows let me play my songs for others. My Windows open up the Net so I can play Canasta with a guy in Brazil or a girl in Australia, or check out my sister's photography in Charleston, or see my friend's garden in Chicago, or I can walk through my Mom's online gallery to view her latest oil painting. My Windows make me what I am. I open a window and a new template, create a press release and in ten minutes a thousand producers across the nation know all about my clients. They open a window, see my message, e-mail me, call me -- and lives are changed. People are heard. It's a ripple effect. Windows, when clean, illuminate, educate, create, relate... create debate.

No comments: